The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Blog for Blogs / Blog Network (3 posts)

1. kiwizz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ive seen alot of your WPMU installations and I think there is alot of potential for a united blog network. I am working on blogger-off.com (initially created so I could blog on my own domain) and would like to know if there are any other WPMU users that are interested. For example, by creating a internetwork of blogs (similar to some of those computer game websites for different consoles) we could support each other. This would come in handy for users who might want to subscribe to a specific WPMU blog (such as DPBlogs, EDUBlogs) or a general WPMU (such as blogger-off.com or iblogs.com) This would allow users to choose their own domain, and also provide a greater variety of blog names. This would also mean sacrificing some users as they would be divided among the network, but would allow the members of the network to update / support / share with each other. Just posted this to see if there is anyone interested, and to see if anyone had ideas or suggestions. I picture a network that would allow a user to choose their domain (from wp-newblog.php) when setting up a blog, and should that name be taken, another member in the network would have their option appear.

Thanks!

2. Namesniper
    Posted 17 years ago #

kiwizz is blogger-off.com actualy WUMP implementation?

3. kiwizz
    Posted 17 years ago #

yep, im playing around with it alot so it might seem to be a bit weird in places :) .

About this Topic