The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Multilingual help (4 posts)

1. path2u
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have searched through all the plugins I can see and many, many previous posts ... and still have not found a solution. I can not believe we are the only ones trying to do this out there:
    We have a monthly newsletter. We also have worldwide translation volunteer team for our non-profit currently translating into 25 languages. We are trying to set up so main blog is released in english, then each team has their own blog which has all the menus and program interfaces translated into their own language, where they upload the translated monthly message. So I do NOT want something to translate the posts, just something which would allow me to set a different default language for each blog. I am sure there is a simple solution, as all the pieces seem to be there, but I can not figure out how to make it work.
    PLEASE HELP !!

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

did you upload language files for wpmu? if you don't upload any, you can't switch the blog language :-)

3. path2u
    Posted 15 years ago #

yes, i have been uploading the .mo files, but what I read talks about changing the default language in the config file. There is only 1 config file right ? So how do I set different default language for each blog ?

4. jalien
    Posted 15 years ago #

If you have the language files in, then in each blogs settings menu (near the bottom I believe) is the setting for changing the language. This changes the admin menus, any content, menu items, blog name, etc. you of course need to change. I hope this helps.

About this Topic