The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Setting up a limited invitation system (7 posts)

1. jgk1013
    Posted 15 years ago #

After searching around the forums I know this topic has been kicked around a bit but I haven't seen/read anything that seems to be what I'm looking for.

Essentially I'd like a plugin/hack where each new member is given a number of invites, say 5. They can invite 5 people to join but no more. Each of the people they invite get 5 invites themselves and so on.

Does that sound like something that has been done before? Or anyone have any tips on how one would begin to create such a setup? Thanks for your help.

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

3. jgk1013
    Posted 15 years ago #

Right I found that before but thank you VentureMaker. I guess I was looking/hoping for a plugin that was available for free.

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

5. jgk1013
    Posted 15 years ago #

Gotcha. I think the register-plus works fairly well (installed in plugins folder, not mu-plugins though) but I was looking for this in conjunction with BuddyPress and they don't seem to agree with each other. Thanks for the help.

6. jdaviescoates
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'd really like something like register plus that does work with wordpress mu and buddypress, if you find anything...

(mostly what I want to be able to do is to add fields/ questions to the registration process and add the answers to user's profiles)

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Doesn't BP already add more custom fields to the user's profiles?

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by jgk1013
  • Latest reply from andrea_r