The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can't click edit post links (7 posts)

1. bustherh
    Posted 15 years ago #

When I log in as a user I can add posts but when I try to edit the posts the list is not linked, I can only click on the first post, all the other posts are not links.
    Here is a screenshot:
    http://mainelybrewing.com/post-bug.gif

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Because one regular user cannot edit another user's posts. Are you using MU or the single-user version?

3. bustherh
    Posted 15 years ago #

It is wordpress mu.
    When I post as a user I can only edit the last post. It does not matter which account I log in as, it is the same with all users except the admin. The admin can edit all ADMIN posts but all other accounts can only edit the last post. Not even the admin can edit anything but the last post.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just to check on a few things:
    - all users are listed as users on that blog
    - what userlevel are they? Regular admin, editor, contributor?
    is it the main MU install or a mapped subdomain?
    anything in the error logs?
    What version are you running?
    What plugins are you using?

It's definitely odd behavior, and unless you're using something out of trac it's more likely something is up on your setup than it being a bug.

5. bustherh
    Posted 15 years ago #

- there is only one user on the blog
    - new users are administrators of their own blog
    - I guess it is a subdomain, it only happens with user blogs which are all subdomains.
    - nothing in error logs
    - MU 2.6.3
    - I de-activated all plugins.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

You forgot to mention you're running BuddyPress. That's also a plugin. By deactivate all plugins I mean everything in the mu-plugins folder as well - they're still add-ons.

There's also stats, akismet, the help desk, and a video plugin running.

you need to determine if this behaviour exists in MU without anything added on. Remove *everything* from mu-plugins.

But my bet is on buddypress. You've got a few errors cropping up (on signup and on choosing the "create a blog" drop-down menu item) that are directly related to BP, so I'd take this issue over to their support forums.

7. bustherh
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks. I'll Give it a shot but I have yet to get an answer from that forum.
    I hadn't noticed any errors on signup.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by bustherh
  • Latest reply from bustherh