The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Feedwordpress Into Individual Blogs (6 posts)

1. junger
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've just installed Wordpress MU and want a way to have content imported automatically from other RSS feeds into individual blogs.

Ex.
    Joe signs up and gets
    joe.wordpressmu.com

Instead of writing in that new joe.wordpressmu.com blog, he should be able to paste in the RSS feed from his stand-alone blog, http://www.joesblog.com, which will automagically import into joe.wordpressmu.com.

I have feedwordpress installed, but not sure that this is the answer.

Apologies if this was asked previously.

Any idea? Help!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm not sure what the question is.

3. junger
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is there a way to import external blogs into individual blogs in a wordpress MU install?

Is Feedwordpress the answer?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did you try it?

5. nicktank
    Posted 14 years ago #

Using feedwordpress for a very similar project. We have a central blog that is set up for five or six authors and we're using feed wordpress to aggregate content into several individual blogs based on feeds created from categories on the main/central blog. Appears to be working well, although there are some fixes you have to put in place to make feedwordpress behave properly for this.

6. Patrick M
    Posted 14 years ago #

@nicktank: Can you provide a list and/or source for the most-required modifications? I think I've found a couple of them as my test environment seems to be working well, but it never hurts to be paranoid. Especially since one of my "fixes" came from a not-to-be-named site that appeared to be rather dysfunctional itself.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by junger
  • Latest reply from Patrick M