The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Anyone want a totally customized Registration Page? (11 posts)

1. jskov
    Posted 15 years ago #

I installed the Cimy Extra Fields plugin to get a customized registration/Signup page. Turns out that there seemed to be a bug with WPMU. I contacted the author, who will WPMU-ize the plugin with some sponsorship.

I am interested in contributing, if there are a few others....

The more of us there are, the less it would cost each of us.

The estimated total cost for the update would be about 120 Eur.

10 Sponsors would split, and cost 12 Eur each. Not bad.

The issue I run into with the plugin, is that it seems to work until you you get "too many extra fields" added into the registration page. For me it was 7-8 extra fields. This functionality allows a number of really cool things with blogs. In our case, we register new users and associate a number of data fields, then those are accessed in our code to display in the blog... user associated data, uploaded images, dropdown list chosen images, theme information etc... Very handy.

If you are interested, reply, and we can get in touch...

2. jskov
    Posted 15 years ago #

One more thing... If you think this might be handy, but need a tip or two, then also reply. If you are willing to contribute a little to the cause, we'll send over tips and tricks we have learned with using the user data.

3. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Do you have a link to the plugin?
    Is it GPL?

4. jskov
    Posted 15 years ago #

5. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm ready to give 12 EURO to make this plugin compatible with WPMU.

6. illutic
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm using a page-template and functions.php for my custom registration. Works like a charm.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

We write our own stuff to add things to signup, depending on what someone needs.

8. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

@jskov: What is the problem with it at the moment?

I usually write my own stuff as well but let me have a look at it.

9. demonicume
    Posted 15 years ago #

WTF is a euro, and how much is that in dollars? This plugin is an ok idea. Its prolly easier to just throw down a page template and call the functions. Hell, you could even use *ducks and looks for Luna* DREAMWEAVER. (Faux dramatic music).

10. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

EURO is a currency of Europenian Union :)

According to http://www.xe.com/ucc/convert.cgi today 1 EURO is 1.40 USD

11. jskov
    Posted 15 years ago #

Responses:

VentureMaker - Nice! I think it will be worth it.

"We do custom..." - It seems a lot easier to have a true plugin that does this stuff every time very easily, instead of needing to do custom for each. Plus, when you need to make a change and/or hire someone to help and/or upgrade your version, it is sure easier to have a working plugin, rather than try to custom-code each time or to change a template... you can leave the template, and change the form element more easily.

The issue with the plugin currently is that it does not support more than a few extra fields within wpmu.... I am not the best programmer myself, so I haven't bothered trying to go too deep into the issue.

That being said, If you guys have some good templates you would like to share, I would appreciate that as well. I would like to get 8-10 people to help pay for the programming.... or some help with a custom signup page, and I'll adapt it.

Thanks again everyone!

About this Topic