The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wrond datatype for second argument - headers already sent (18 posts)

1. zanzoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

I get the following error when I click setting in the backend then save changes:

Warning: array_search() [function.array-search]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /wp-admin/includes/plugin.php on line 1044

Warning: array_search() [function.array-search]: Wrong datatype for second argument in wp-admin/includes/plugin.php on line 1044

Warning: array_search() [function.array-search]: Wrong datatype for second argument in wp-admin/includes/plugin.php on line 1044

Warning: array_search() [function.array-search]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /wp-admin/includes/plugin.php on line 1044

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at //wp-admin/includes/plugin.php:1044) in /wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 856

btw, the page in the browser is: http://zanzoon.com/wp-admin/options.php
    thanks a lot :D

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

did you edit any of these files?

3. zanzoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

nope :)

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Any plugins enabled?

5. zanzoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

nope :)

6. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Check if there's an extra whitespace in the end of /wp-admin/includes/plugin.php file

7. zanzoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

I removed the whitespace but same problem still there.... :(
    thanks

8. zanzoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

sorry I didn't say, I have buddypress installed.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

keep checking. :)

10. zanzoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

i did my best, I reinstalled bp and mu but same problem

11. zenseeker
    Posted 15 years ago #

I got those errors when I installed the latest wpmu from trunk. I stepped back to wpmu trunk r1574 and they went away. Maybe just coincidence, I don't know. I'm running with buddypress-combo and trying to get bbpress to work (to no success). Hope that helps on the errors though. I responded to this over at buddypress forums too.

12. burtadsit
    Posted 15 years ago #

zenseeker - do you get the same errors *without* bp installed at the latest trunk?

The major change that I can see from r1574 to latest trunk is the viper bar. In the viper bar code it detects a bp installation and jut 'returns' before it does anything.

OK. What are you changing in options.php and then saving? Are you running the bp beta or bp trunk?

13. zanzoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

tried it with the beta & the trunk....
    i don't have a viper bar, I have the regular bp bar.
    Im not changing anything in the options, maybe I changed the blog description and week start in the first time I got the error...
    thank you

14. zanzoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

tried it with the beta & the trunk....
    i don't have a viper bar, I have the regular bp bar.
    Im not changing anything in the options, maybe I changed the blog description and week start in the first time I got the error...
    thank you
    zenskeer, thanks for your help too

15. burtadsit
    Posted 15 years ago #

It's a bug in the latest mu r1589. The function remove_option_whitelist() in plugin.php is not checking to see if it's going to reference a var that has been unset(). It is called by mu_options() in mu.php and in there it unsets() an element in the $options array.

Why? I dunno but it does. Then it asks remove_option_whitelist() to get rid of something that doesn't exist anymore. It should check for isset(), is_array() but it's not.

I'll post it in trac.

16. zanzoon
    Posted 15 years ago #

THAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!,
    after applying the patch i found in the ticket in trac, it's working perfectly :)

17. burtadsit
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well your welcome of course zanzoon. There's a danger in doing that kinda thing. The danger is that I screwed up and the patch that I think fixes things does but causes some other unforeseen problem.

The danger is that you are applying an unapproved, untested modification to mu core code.

The process that seems to work is:

1. Mortals find what they think is a bug, report it and supply what they think is the correct fix.
    2. The gods of mu, who actually knows what's going on inside mu take a look at it.
    3. If the gods are pleased, they include the fix.
    4. The mortals get manna from SVN sometime in the future.

This seems to work well. You didn't let things get to step 2.

Danger Will Robinson.

18. nggablog
    Posted 15 years ago #

The patch is just eliminate the above error but xml-rpc still have a problem.

I try to post using scribefire (Firefox addon) it say "Login Error".

Waiting a working update.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by zanzoon
  • Latest reply from nggablog