The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Plugin to Create Sites (4 posts)

1. slambert1971
    Posted 15 years ago #

At work we are using Wordpress MU to build an Integrated Communications Environment and so far it is working great. We are set up so that only certain people (admins) can create blogs as there is an approval process for all blogs before they can be added. We have a form that a user uses to request a new site. That form collects all the information needed to create the site.

So here is what I want to do. I am going to create a plugin for MU that will add an approval queue for admins. The form we have now will be added to this plugin - and I want it to be customziable so admins can make changes to the form. This part I can handle. I can even handle the processing of the data and the approval queue.

What I am not sure of how to do is probably the most simple part. I want to be able to hook in to MU and create the blog when an admin approves a blog. Is there a hook for this that I can use? I have not been able to find much information on this here or with a Google search.

Thanks.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have one setup that is similar but goes about it a different way. the activation email is sent to the site admin instead of the user. Once they come across as valid, I'm the one who clicks the activation link, thus creating the blog.

3. slambert1971
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, sounds great. Is that a plugin your wrote or is it something that is available for us to use. I can easily write something, just need to know the hooks to use to create the blog.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It was a hack, actually. I'm pretty sure it can be done via the hooks in wp-signup.php.

http://wpmututorials.com/hacks/how-to-moderate-signups/

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by slambert1971
  • Latest reply from andrea_r