The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Transferring Hosts (7 posts)

1. iansltx
    Posted 15 years ago #

Currently I have WPMU set up with 1&1 (yeah, scary). Moving to another shared host for better performance. They're running a pretty-much-stock CPanel system. My question is, how do I move everything over in the easiest way possible?

Thanks!

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

First of all, ask your new host to setup wildcard DNS if you're running blogs in subdomains.

After that copy files, copy database. After you're done - change stuff in config file.

There should not be any extra difficulties unless you change domain name.

3. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

You may need to export and import your database which can take quite some time.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Got ssh access on both ends?

5. slambert1971
    Posted 15 years ago #

Just checking but what control panel does 1&1 use? Not having an account there (thank god) I don't know. If it is a cPanel installation, check with your shared host provider to see if they can transfer your site from 1&1 to their server. You can't do it in cpanel, but they can do it in there web host manager. I have my own servers, and recently completed a transfer of a WPMU system to a different server and had no problems with the move.

6. MikeDVB
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hello :)

1&1 has a proprietary control panel. We helped iansltx perform the transfer and everything is up and running on our server.

Thanks again Ian.

7. mehdi20
    Posted 14 years ago #

I also transfered from one host to another host but I am facing following error
    Please help me
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at / home / google / public_html / sitename.com / wp-signup.php: 1) in / home / google / public_html / sitename.com / wpmu-settings. php on line 149

About this Topic