The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Strange Redirect to Subdomain When Signing in (9 posts)

1. mediaverse
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi there,
    I'm having a strange problem when I try to sign in on my main WPMU page. (blog.com/wp-admin) - after filling in my user/password, it redirects me automatically to travel.blog.com/wp-admin panel. I can get to any other admin panel, e.g. movies.blog.com/wp-admin but not the main admin panel, blog.com/wp-admin

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Are you loggin in with 'admin' username?

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Because travel.blog.com is listed as your primary blog. Go to your user profile and change it.

4. mediaverse
    Posted 15 years ago #

I think you were right Andrea thank you. I changed the primary back to main - that was the problem, however, I had previously attempted to reset password for the primary domain, and logging in with this password produced this error: (I've made sure my FireFox is accepting this cookie)

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
    cookies.

Question: Is there a PHP file I can replace that might re-set things? The problem is I can't get to the primary admin panel anymore so it seems I need to go via FTP.
    Also should I try to upgrade to 2.7 beta MU? thx.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

No, you have to go into the database and try changing your admin pass word there.

6. mediaverse
    Posted 15 years ago #

doesn't look like you can change password for a database on cpanel, only can delete it..

7. t3ch33
    Posted 15 years ago #

mediaverse, I think andrear meant changing the password for your blog in the database, not changing your db password. log into phpmyadmin through cpanel and locate the users table. ask around for the hashed version of a password.

8. mediaverse
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'll try that, but its not the password that's the problem, I reset and ask for a new one, and it seems to work but when it tries to redirect me to the admin panel it times out.

9. t3ch33
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did that work? If not, try looking at this post http://wordpress.org/support/topic/137082?replies=2

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by mediaverse
  • Latest reply from t3ch33