The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Plugin not saving options in MU (4 posts)

1. slambert1971
    Posted 15 years ago #

I posted a similar message over on the Wordpress.org forums about this but the problem seems to affect my MU installation and not stand alone blogs. Here is the problem:

I have a plugin that uses NTLM to authenticate the user. This part of the plugin seems to work just fine on stand along blogs. I can't test it in MU because when I activate the plugin, I need to set some options for the plugin. While this plugin is active, I can not save options on any plugin, including this one. The form post always comes back blank. If I disable this plugin it still causes this issue until I close the browser and reopen it. This one has me stumped.

I am using MU 1.5.1 right now as we need to use the WPDirAuth plugin which seems stable only in that version. Besides that, I can disable all other plugins and the problem persists. I have to assume it is something with the NTLM authentication which sends headers if the user is not yet authenticated. Perhaps the post variables are lost there, any thoughts?

2. slambert1971
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, I followed the directions at for creating my options page and it looks great, but, when I click the update button I get the darn "Are you sure you want to do this?" error. It's been too long since I have written a plugin - anyone remember how to do it for version 1.5.1? I can make it work great in 2.7!

3. slambert1971
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry, I meant MU 2.5.1, not 1.5.1. No matter what I do, I get that damn error in MU and it is just killing me. Why can't I make this work? Hasn't anyone use the auto save options feature in plugins for MU?

4. slambert1971
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, I got it to work using the method described here:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=9210

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by slambert1971
  • Latest reply from slambert1971