The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Plugin commander returning blank dash page in 2.6.5 (10 posts)

1. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

Since upgrading to WPMu 2.6.5, my Plugin Commander has stopped working. It doesn't throw any errors and I don't see anything in my server error log.

Enabling/disabling 'User control' still seems to work, but both the 'Mass activate' and 'Mass deactivate' don't work and just return the top part of a dashboard page with no message about the action. The rest of the page is just sort of missing.

I've emailed with the plugin author but so far we haven't figured out the problem so I thought I'd post here about it.

Thanks for any suggestions. This is such a great tool, I really want to get it working again.

Moose

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Using the latest version of plugin commander?

3. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

As far as I know I am using the most recent version, 1.1.5, downloaded from the author's site.

http://firestats.cc/wiki/WPMUPluginCommander

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did you customize your dashboard somehow?

5. webmaestro
    Posted 15 years ago #

I was just posting about a similar error, which was happening in WPMU 2.6.1 and 2.6.5.

Have you activated the php-errors log in your php.ini file:

; Log errors to specified file.
    ;error_log = filename
    error_log = /var/apache/logs/php-errors

You can then look in /var/apache/logs/php-errors for the error, and you may see something like this:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes
    exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in
    /*********/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 143

Patches are welcome... ;-)

6. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

Webmaestro,

I don't think I have that activated. I will give that a shot. Thank you.

The author also suggested taking a look at the php run time setting on the server, which I will also do.

Moose

7. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

Ok, got my php.ini file logging errors. Nothing yet. Any suggestions other than plugman for managing plugins in the meantime?

8. webmaestro
    Posted 15 years ago #

Perhaps WPMUDev.org's Plugin Manager might help? It does things differently from WPMUPluginCommander... I haven't used it, but it's intriguing...

9. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

i'm not crazy about Plugin Manager. it doesn't have the granular control of PC.

10. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

Is there way to actually manage plugins anymore? Plugin Commander does NOT work in 2.6.5.

How totally frustrating.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by moose123
  • Latest reply from moose123