The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Don't show private posts when admin is logged in. (6 posts)

1. t3ch33
    Posted 15 years ago #

How do you set it so that when the blog admin is logged in, they do not see the private posts?

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Um, isn't the blog admin the one who sets the posts to be private?

3. t3ch33
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm assuming that tdjcbe was just being a smart ass. But, just in case, I am well aware that the blog owner sets the posts as private. So, again, how do you set it so that when the blog admin is logged in, they do not see the private posts on the main page? If you actually know the answer, please reply. Thanks!

4. xenon2050
    Posted 15 years ago #

I don't know how helpful this'll be... But my guess is that unless you want to edit some code, or you can find a permissions plugin, that the admin will always see the post. But like I said, that is a guess.

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 15 years ago #

Actually, no, I wasn't. The issue I was pointing out that if a blog admin set Posts to be private and then was not able to see them, they would not be able to manage them.

But then you say in your second posts here "blog owner" which is something different. I think you're getting confused by the terms there.

While I know that wp.com now has an actual "blog owner" since they had all those problems with those Club Penguin blogs, as of the 2.7 trac, we don't. (At least a quick trip through the db on my testbed doesn't show anything options being set as such.)

Who specific are you trying to set to be able to see these marked as private Posts?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

You mean *hide* the posts. honestly, if the admin doesn't want to see Private posts displayed in the blog page heirarchy, you can set them to draft, or make a category and edit the template to exclude that category from the loop.

This isn't a WPMU-specific issue, so hunting down the info over on the codex should suffice.

About this Topic