The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

illacrimo theme - problems (7 posts)

1. gighen
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,
    i just installed Illacrimo theme [http://designdisease.com/portfolio/illacrimo/] and i simply love it but actually i get warnings like

---

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cerchiau/public_html/brixiazoo.org/wp-content/themes/illacrimo/functions.php:24) in /home/cerchiau/public_html/brixiazoo.org/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 776

---

when i post a comment, or something else :(

Actually line 24 contains just "<?php" :-/
    somebody else had the same problem?

2. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

Check if there are any blank lines at the end of the file, and remove them if there are.

3. gighen
    Posted 15 years ago #

no blank lines, but that file contains a lot of ^M

4. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

See if you can grab another copy, it might have corrupted along the way.

The error basically says that something has been output before a redirect or header is sent. So usually this is a blank line or someother character in the theme (outside of the php tags).

5. sblanton
    Posted 15 years ago #

I had this problem as well. A few of the files have ctrl-M's in them. functions.php is one of them. Fortunately, I'm vi savy and with a

:%s/(ctrl-V ctrl-M)//

blasted them away.

However, on the admin pages only, I'm still getting:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/openmake/public_html/blogs/wp-content/themes/illacrimo/functions.php:24) in /home/openmake/public_html/blogs/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 856

any ideas? That line is:

header("Location: $location");

6. sblanton
    Posted 15 years ago #

actually the other messages remain also, I was just on a different admin page. So, the ctrl-M's must not have had an effect.

Or, is there some kind of caching going on?

7. sblanton
    Posted 15 years ago #

ok, it seems to be a construct in functions.php (always look at the first error, not the last)

?>

<?php

Changed to

?>
    <?php

It's been a few years since I PHP'd

About this Topic