The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Allow All Users To Access All items on "Tools" menu on Dashboard (4 posts)

1. jpenning
    Posted 15 years ago #

There is a plugin called MTR podcast recorder that allows the admin to record his/her voice and easily insert it into a post. Once installed, the option to use the recorder is under "tools" menu in the dashboard but this option is only able to be viewed by the admin. I would like any user to be able to use the recorder.

If I could make it so that the recorder option appears to all users under the "tools" menu in the dashboard the problem would be solved.

I think this could be a huge breakthrough.

Could anyone please prescribe some edit/replace or coding that could alter this plugin or wordpress as a whole so that all users can view all items in the "tools menu"- not just the admin.

Thanks in advance,

Professor Penn

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Are you sure that you're on the right forum? If you're a WordPress user - here's where you need to be: http://wordpress.org/support/

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

And a freebie: it's the plugin itself that determines who sees the menu. Look for the line that registers the menu and there's number that refers to the capability level. In this case, it's probably a 10. make it a 0.

4. mtrdesign
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,

You can edit line 465 from the mtr-podcasts-plugin.php file (located in the mtr-podcast-recorder plugin directory) from:

add_management_page('MTR Podcast Recorder', 'MTR Podcast Recorder', 5, basename(__FILE__), array(&$jrecorder, 'displayRecorder'));

to:

add_management_page('MTR Podcast Recorder', 'MTR Podcast Recorder', 2, basename(__FILE__), array(&$jrecorder, 'displayRecorder'));

This will make the MTR Podcast Recorder Tools page available to all your blog authors.

Regards
    Milen Nedev
    MTR Design
    http://mtr-design.com/

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by jpenning
  • Latest reply from mtrdesign