The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Big Changes, heading toward 1.0 (24 posts)

1. matt
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've committed some big changes to the signup process, as well as merging a good deal of new WordPress code, and simplifying much of the MU-specific code. Some things have probably broken, so test it out and report bugs and we can clean it up and get a stable release of MU out.

2. nuprn1
    Posted 17 years ago #

great news!

3. matt
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Do we just copy over to our current 542 installs? All I'm seeing is the root files with nothing from like the /wp-include/ subdirectory.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

THANK YOU! For all you do. :) Just wanted to say that.

6. azlinux
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's GREAT News!! Thank you for all the work mate!!!

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

The download got updated I just noticed. I understand now. :)

8. saudi
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thank you matt.
    Keep up the good work.

9. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

Getting this Fatal Error when trying to install

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_userdata() in /path/wp-inst/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1529

Any clues?

10. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sounds like (and a search here shows a hit on it) you may be missing a few files. You may want to check your install. (especially for the wpmu-functions.php file)

11. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

Matt,

Thanks for doing this. I know it would be a while before donncha has the time :)

12. mrball
    Posted 17 years ago #

wow lotsa changes. thanks matt!

will get onto these once my exams are over :D

13. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

drmike,

Took things straight from SVN as I have been for the past four months or so. A quick check shows functions.php and wpmu-functions.php. I did a straight copy over all the existing files except for wp-content. I'm trying again to see what happens.

14. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

Took a fresh copy from SVN and had the same issue.

15. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

Some incompatibility with some plugins or with the older versions of the three standard themes. I seem to have things going now.

16. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Phew!!!! Cool, V1.0 here we come!!! Thanks!

17. fugazzi
    Posted 17 years ago #

I get the following error

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /var/www/virtual/bloxx24.de/htdocs/wp-inst/wpmu-settings.php on line 17

18. Farms
    Posted 17 years ago #

Great stuff... 1.0... are you sure this isn't some sort of hallucination ;)

19. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

trying to upgrade, also getting the 1529

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_userdata() in /home/httpd/xxx/httpdocs/wp-inst/wp-includes/functions.php on line 1529

I have double checked the files, etc. no luck. If I comment out line 1529 it works, there are errors but it works.
    anybody have any ideas?

20. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes, we are having lots of errors, but working errors. Which is pretty ironic.

So far I got the new admin error. No email sent on installation and email in database was garbage. Had to manually change it to work.

Also User-edit.php line 76 has error is displayed when updating admin password.

21. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

There is definitely something wrong with functions.php line 1529. I have it commented out and for the most part things work, although I am having a wpmu plugin error, a widget rss error, and some htaccess issues.

I have completed the upgrade, and the site upgrade, if I go back and un-comment the line the error comes back.

22. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

So far all errors once commented will go away, but that's not the long term solution. Hope matt will clean it up soon! :)

For now haven't upgraded my March setup, just installed a new one to try the newest build.

23. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I installed a new copy as well in a test subdirectory. I;'ve got to admit that I'm not seeing the issues mentioned here but I haven't really played with it.

24. pscblog
    Posted 17 years ago #

With last nights build there are still some errors I see, and I'm new around here so if I shouldn't be saying something let me know. The Initial Email error is there still, it looks like a partial md5 that it throws in.

There is also the following when you try to create a new blog:

WordPress database error: [Table 'pscblog_blog.wp_5_options' doesn't exist]
    SELECT option_value FROM wp_5_options WHERE option_name = 'blogname'

SELECT option_value FROM wp_5_options WHERE option_name = 'siteurl'

SELECT option_value FROM wp_5_options WHERE option_name = 'wp_5_user_roles' LIMIT 1
    blog.pscgaming.com Is Yours

blog.pscgaming.com is your new blog. Login as "admin" using your existing password.

it doens't even give you an option to put in a new email address if you're logged in as admin. However if you logout as admin, it works great, better than great, it is perfect.

Now to changing any major settings, in the old 2006.4.30 up until i think you're migration, it was good, but i've noticed with at least the last two nightly builds there are issues surrounding /wp-inst/wp-admin/wpmu-edit.php and /wp-inst/wp-admin/admin-dp.php

From site admin, and trying to delete 3 unused blogs, i get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wpmu_delete_blog() (previously declared in /home/pscblog/public_html/wp-inst/wp-admin/wpmu-edit.php:6) in /home/pscblog/public_html/wp-inst/wp-admin/admin-db.php on line 532

I also get this error when trying to set any options for themes, subdomains, pretty much anything.

GREAT work all in all.

About this Topic