The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Only "Full-Size" images allowed? (11 posts)

1. benny148148148
    Posted 15 years ago #

When I upload an image, it only lets me check "full-size" for the image, not thumnail, medium, etc...those sections are grayed out...

Is this normal for WPMU? It was happening with my trunk version, so I thought it was just because of that, but now I upgraded to 2.7 and it still only gives the option for "full-size"

Any thoughts?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm thinking a plugin is interfering.

3. benny148148148
    Posted 15 years ago #

I deactivated my only plugin (dynamic content gallery) and it still only gives the option for "full-size." The thumbnail, medium, and large boxes are all grayed out.

Any other ideas? I've made no changes to the code.

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've had this issue with wp 2.7 in different beta stages, but it should be fixed by now. would you mind also checking the normal wp forums, especially the beta sections?

5. benny148148148
    Posted 15 years ago #

I can't figure this out for the life of me...

6. benny148148148
    Posted 15 years ago #

"it should be fixed by now"

It's definitely not fixed yet, and it's driving me crazy...

Anybody else have any thoughts? I have no clue what is causing this, but I know it's not a plugin...

7. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

does this look similar to your issues: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/216416?replies=26

8. benny148148148
    Posted 15 years ago #

YES!! Thanks! I used the following command to add GD and it's working perfectly now!

# apt-get install php5-gd

To anybody else with this issue, simply type the command above, and restart Apache and you'll be good to.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

To clarify the above: he did this via command-line, in a terminal (ssh) window. It's not MU, the server was missing a required package.

10. benny148148148
    Posted 15 years ago #

correct, thanks for the clarification...this was something on my end, not MU

11. Melton Cartes
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

Can you clarify that further?

I have a grayed out "Large" radio button in my "Add an image" window on (I think) all of my WP sites (not WP MU), but I don't know how to make this change, adding "# apt-get install php5-gd."

Unlike many on the post mentioned above, I do not use the PodPress plugin (although I tested it to see if removing it would eliminate the problem. It didn't).

Thanks!

12. groomedmonkey
    Posted 14 years ago #

@ Melton: a simple thing to rule out first is to check what size you have specified in Settings > Media for the "large" setting. If this is bigger than the images you are uploading you will not be able to select the "large" radio button as the uploaded image is too small. This is usually the case when all radio buttons are selectable except "large".

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by benny148148148
  • Latest reply from groomedmonkey