The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

RSS feeds in Dashboard wont change (5 posts)

1. tenetcommunity
    Posted 15 years ago #

I want to change the incoming links from google to technorati but when i submit the new feed url, it returns with the previous google feed, argh!

Then I figured that it may be unique to the incoming links section, but then i tried to update the rss feeds on the other readers (like the WP DEV BLOG & OTHER WP NEWS) and it did not change

any help would be greatly appreciated, has anyone else experienced this? how did you solve it? thanks!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

They're cached in the database. wp_X_options

3. tenetcommunity
    Posted 15 years ago #

that's cool and all, but how do i clear the cache

i know this is a side rant but i don't like the google incoming links, they don't do anything but provide placebo results - technorati has much more information

4. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Like I said, they're in the database. Go in the proper tables and remove them.

5. tenetcommunity
    Posted 15 years ago #

i do appreciate the help - i found a way for it to work. i typed in the addy bar http://mywpsite.com/wp-admin/upgrade.php and updated the database.

then, i returned to the dashboard and re-input the updated rss feeds and ta-da, feeds worked. i still don't know what's up with the google incoming links rss, i don't like it

but who knows? i figure google is funding wordpress for an exclusive right to be featured there, a la firefox and the search feature, hmmmmmmmm - not that i don't have anything against google (or wordpress being funded, helping to keep it open), but their information is incomplete and doesn't reflect what technorati does (to me it feels more complete) am i the only one that feels this way? that was rhetorical, btw

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by tenetcommunity
  • Latest reply from tenetcommunity