The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

No Admin Email (9 posts)

1. JoeMac
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,

I just tried to install WPMU twice and each time I don't get the admin email so I can't log in. Can someone help and I am kind of a neophyte at this, so if they can provide any service I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Have you talked to your webhost about the email issue? It might be something on their end.

Have you checked your spam folder?

3. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

Same happened to me. I checked the DB and the admin e-mailed seemed to have been hashed it was some random string of numbers and letters. This did not happen to accounts created after the first. I am also getting errors about an undefined function spawn_pinger() in wp-admin/admin-footer.php on line 13 and when I try to set Options in Site Admin I get

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wpmu_delete_blog() (previously declared in /path/wp-inst/wp-admin/wpmu-edit.php:6) in /path/wp-inst/wp-admin/admin-db.php on line 530

There is also some issue with Upgrade under Site Admin. DreamHost has file open turned off and the snoopy class is not quite right.

4. swayze
    Posted 17 years ago #

exactly the error I'm getting as well kahless, perhaps there's an easy tweak?

5. Johno
    Posted 17 years ago #

seems the email address isn't getting writen to the DB correctly.

6. sdimbert
    Posted 17 years ago #

This is *exactly* the same problem I posted about here:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=1139&replies=2

7. msheu
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm new around here but I've been playing around with the nightly build on 5/18. The issue with the initial install email (and maybe others) is because of the create_user functions. I didn't keep a log of my changes so I can't give you specific files and line numbers. But basically, there are 3 (create_user, wp_create_user, wpmu_create_user) functions. The function params are not consistent. You will need to find all the functions and function calls and make sure that the order of the params are correct (user_login, user_email, user_pass). This should fix the database problems. The email and passwords are switched so what you are seeing in the email field is actually the md5 password.

To get the the actual email to send, you will need to add a function call to send the notification email in the wpmu_create_blog function. wpmu_create_blog (build 5/18) never makes a call to the email notification function (can't remember the exact function name).

I hope all this makes sense and I appologize for not having more specific details, file names or line numbers.

Ming

8. swayze
    Posted 17 years ago #

is there a utility that can provide you with a php trace function? I'm interested in seeing a UML (stylie) diagram to help me get up to speed quicker with the overall project and understand what calls what and where (this would also be inherently useful in bug squashing) While it's true that I can always get my finger out and read (all of) the source, that's quite a daunting proposition for someone who's new to the project (and php coding for that matter...)
    it's true that many people call PHP Pretty Hard Programming, but coming from other development environments it's all about being able to read source code... and understand what's doing what to whom... UML makes this easy to see (and track!) and gives people new to the project a quick overview of the project's mechanisms without requiring them to read all of the source to know the key players (functions)

9. JohnA
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've just found that when I install WPMU, my gmail account thinks its spam.

Just sayin'

About this Topic