The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Weird Tinymce problem (11 posts)

1. nibb
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi folks,
    I have just upgraded to 2.6.5 from the minor version before and have noticed on one single blog out of 15 using the same template Tinymce doesn't show - just the usual non-visual buttons, indeed clicking visual ditches all the content in the edit window too.

Now, I've tried overwriting with later plugins and so on, clearing caches and all that, but - no joy. As a last ditch attempt I deactivated all plugins and noticed that the buttons came back. Excellent! Turned the plugins on one by one until the buttons failed again - and the culprit appeared to be the TM advanced plugin.

Bear in mind though - that the other blogs use the same setup and don't show any kind of issue.

When I came into work this morning I tried the management panel and edits on a different machine - and bang - no buttons again.

I'm totally flummoxed on this one. It would seem to me to matter somehow which machine I use, and yet that doesn't make any sense. The laptop I used to take down the plugins and put them back is still showing the buttons, but no other machine does. They do - however, show the buttons on other blogs.

Anyone got any ideas at all?
    thanks in advance

Steve

2. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

What's TM advanced plugin?

3. nibb
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sorry mate, TinyMCE Advanced - extends certain abilities of the editor -allows you to add buttons to your edit bar.

Thing is the others blogs use this and have no issues.

The only other thing I thought of is that the posts on this blog have all been generated in MS Word and copied in using the 'Paste from Word' button, and generally contain and load of MS junk at the top. Bit of a long shot though

4. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well, I'm using TinyMCE Advanced 3.2 on WPMU 2.7 without any issues so long...
    Are you using the latest TinyMCE Advanced 3.2?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Tiny MCE usually craps out at the slightest hint of an error in a plugin, even if you look at it sideways. :D

6. nibb
    Posted 15 years ago #

How strange, no I'm on 3.1- but there's no warning in the admin panel that there is a new version ready.

I didn't think it would be something like that with it not affecting all the blogs. Not moved up to WPMU 2.7 just yet.

7. nibb
    Posted 15 years ago #

I've even tried sneaking up on the B**ger from behind Andrea. Its the inconsistency that is throwing me. The laptop I took home and piddled about with uninstalling and re-installing shows no errors and displays the buttons ok with that particular blog - anything new - any other machine - instant problems. My flabber is gasted

8. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Got some crap on your laptop? lol :)
    If seriously, I've been using this software over past couple of years and never had any s*it residing on my PC
    http://www.free-av.com/

9. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

"My flabber is gasted "

I am totally stealing this line. :D

I can't help, because I've got some tinymce issues of my own going on, but I sure can commiserate.

10. nibb
    Posted 15 years ago #

Well thanks guys for trying, I think last mad attempt is going to be exporting the blog, deleting the damn thing, then importing it back, or maybe telling the user he ought to try pen and paper, its the way to the future :)

"My Flabber is gasted" is hereby declared LGPL - knock yourself out :)

11. timmy77
    Posted 15 years ago #

Does TinyMCE Advanced 3.2 work on wpmu 2.6.5 ?
    If not, are there other alternatives to try out?

About this Topic