The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

rotating banner (12 posts)

1. RaceDay
    Posted 17 years ago #

I need to have a rotating banner at the bottom of my pages (I have people who paid for a year of banner ads on the original site--that agreed to continue when I changed the format to blogs.)

I was using entropy banner which comes with CPanel. I tried the exec cmd function, since that didn't work, (since it is a perl program running in PHP), I tried to run using the include function...then the virtual function, but no success.

If someone could direct me on how to either get this to work, or how to get a rotating banner program to work with MU I would appreciate it.

THANKS!

2. upena
    Posted 17 years ago #

I use randex to rotate AdSense ads with the multiple users I have on my blog - should work...just a php and one text file that you add to the theme folder and then point to it in index.php or sidebar.php or footer.php

http://scripts.ringsworld.com/randomizing/randex-php/

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Another one you can use is phpAdsNew. It allows you to produce reports and whatnot for your clients. You can also set rates of display if you want.

4. SactoEric
    Posted 17 years ago #

phpAdsNew rocks! I use this on many of my sites & the advertisers love it too... plus it's free.

There should be no problem have it display as an include - I'm doing this right now w/ all my footerlinks. I created footerlinks.php & am dropping the include into each footer.php for every theme. If/when I want to add a banner, I can just add the code to footerlinks.php, but for now I just wanted a way for people to get back to the main site...

5. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Where do you put footerlinks.php and how do you include it in footer.php?

6. SactoEric
    Posted 17 years ago #

Here's an example from one theme's footer.php:

<?php wp_footer(); ?>
    <?php include("http://www.yourdomain.com/footerlinks.php"); ?>
    </body>
    </html>

7. samchng
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ops, sorry newbie question. Had that in my head! *blushes* Thanks anyway! :)

8. RaceDay
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks! I got it up and working!

9. Quintessential
    Posted 17 years ago #

As well you could put something into wp-blog-header.php and it will show on all blogs of your site.

10. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Agreed but then you run into placement issues. Spam Karma 2 does this and it looks horrible in some themes.

11. logika
    Posted 17 years ago #

I still don't get it, I use PHPAdsNew and have create code for banner "<?php
    if (@include(getenv('DOCUMENT_ROOT').'/ad/phpadsnew.inc.php')) {
    if (!isset($phpAds_context)) $phpAds_context = array();
    $phpAds_raw = view_raw ('', 2, '', '', '0', $phpAds_context);
    echo $phpAds_raw['html'];
    }
    ?>
    "

So....How must I suppose to do.

12. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Depends. What are you trying specicially to do?

About this Topic