The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

No new user email notification (5 posts)

1. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,

I'm running WPMu 2.6.5 and when I manually create a new user account from Site Admin, the new users are not receiving any confirmation email, but I am getting them as admin and the accounts are being created.

I don't want users to sign up themselves, so I have "Allow new registrations" disabled. Would this be the problem? Am I missing the correct mail sending plugin?

Thanks a lot for any help.
    Moose

2. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

Actually, I think I solved my problem by installing wp-phpmailer. This seems to work, but if anyone has a better method of doing this, please let me know.

Thanks again.
    Moose

3. DeannaS
    Posted 15 years ago #

You'll get that behavior if you're using the LDAP plugin. Are you using that plugin?

4. moose123
    Posted 15 years ago #

DeannaS,

No, I am not using the LDAP plugin. It appears that using the wp-phpmailer plugin has solved the problem so far.

Thanks

5. donho
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am seeing the same behavior and I am using the WPMU-LDAP v2.8.2 plugin. The admin is notified, but the end user is not. Seems like a straightforward enough option, but I'm seeing anything in /var/log/mail that looks like it's destined for the end user - just files headed for the admin.

I am allowing auto-creation of accounts and blogs, so the scenario here is actually an auto-create, not a manual create.

Is this a known issue with WPMU-LDAP? I have not found any documentation or discussion of it. Appreciate any leads or troubleshooting tips.

Thanks.

About this Topic