The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Need some help... (2 posts)

1. worldblogosphere
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi,

I am close to having my site setup just the way I want it. So much so that I have announced it will be going "live" on Sunday.

There are however a few things I still need to set and/or figure out. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1) Is there a way to NEVER show the full size image within a post on the main page of the blog? Please see http://www.worldblogosphere.com to see just what I mean. The results in both Hello World posts is what I need to prevent.

2) Is there a way to set a limit on how many categories a user can list a post in? Right now I can add a post to all 139 categories I have listed. I would like to limit it to 3 categories. (This is a very important one.)

3) I am using the Post Thumb Revisited plugin and the Vote It Up plugins. Each uses a single line of PHP code to place things where I have them in the post loop. Does anyone know of a way where I could put them both on the same line in the post?
    When I put their code side by side it somehow automatically puts in a line break so they can't be on the same line.
    I would prefer to have Thumb(on top left)...Vote ticker (on top right) ... followed by the Post Excerpt.
    If that is not at all possible - Is there a way I can make the post excerpt "wrap" around the thumbnailed image?
    Example:
    IMAGEIMAGEIMAGE Post Excerpt Text Post Excerpt Text
    Post Excerpt Text Post Excerpt Text Post Excerpt Text
    Post Excerpt Text Post Excerpt Text Post Excerpt Text

4) I am using the Sidebar Login widget. It is supposed to show a "Register" link when a user is not signed in. I haven't figured out why it won't show. I think I have all the appropriate boxes checked.

5) Does anyone know of a way to make some things sitewide? As I said I am using Vote It Up, and WPPost Views. Does anyone know how I can make these plugins not only work on EVERY blog site within my MU installation, but keep the same counts. Right now if a post is viewed from the actual sub blog's page it does not get counted on the main page count. Also, if I put the Vote It Up plugin and code on one of the subblogs it keeps its own count. I want it all to be combined into one count.

6) Does anyone know how to show thumbnail images along with the post titles in the sidebar where things are listed for the Vote It Up, and Most Viewed areas?

Well, I know there are probably more things, but at the moment that is all that is coming to mind. Thanks to anyone that can help with any of these issues.

Thanks,
    Gene :-)

2. wikichaves
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Gene

I´m looking at the same plugin feature. I want to use the Vote it up along all the sitewide blog.

Have you found the way ?

Regards
    Wiki

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by worldblogosphere
  • Latest reply from wikichaves