The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Can I disable the WPMU temporarily? (3 posts)

1. PetLvr
    Posted 15 years ago #

I have a domain - with WP on it. There was about 15 subdomains on this domain, each with its own installation of WP on it.

Well - I am in the process of reorganization and thought I would put WPMU in the root, with subdomains.

So - now I have a new WPMU blog in the root and I've already created a handful (4) new subdomain blogs on the WPMU platform. For some reason .. I thought these would combine somehow and I would have access to 15+4= 19 subdomains.

I now see that's impossible because it won't let me access those older subdomains! This is what I would like to do.

I would like to access those old domains (on regular WP) and export all of the transactions and then recreate them on WPMU blog and import all of the transactions (and then delete the old subdomains eventually).

Can someone tell me how to do this? I thought if I could just rename temporarily all the files in the root domain it would let me access the old subdomains - but it didn't let me.

Thanks in advance
    HART

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

So each old install of WP was in its own virtual hosted subdomain?

3. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

No, you can't disable things like that. you *can*, however, still access those subdomains.

you have to rearrange the information in the httpd.conf file. Then you can access those subdomains again, on their original installations.

About this Topic