The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Difficulty with using multiple themes in WPMU (7 posts)

1. boatwizard
    Posted 15 years ago #

Dear All,

I have 3 'blogs' under one install so WordPress MU is perfect for me. However, I am having difficulty in getting each of the 3 separate themes to work for each of the blogs. I have tried enabling each under each blog in Site Admin and under themes in Site Admin activating each!

This has got me stumpted and I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
    Dids

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 15 years ago #

well, whats the actual problem? if you activated the themes as siteadmin, then they should be available in the presentation panel of each blog. can you see them there? what happens if you activate them?

3. boatwizard
    Posted 15 years ago #

the actual problem is that I cannot specify the different theme I want to use for each of the blogs.

If I activate the themes under "Site Themes" the checkbox disappears under the "Enable" column of that blogs "Blog Theme" section and that, as I understand it, is because "Site Themes" section is used to apply one theme across multiple blogs.
    By going in to each blog and selecting a theme under "Enable" column and clicking "Update options" the theme does not change on the blog.

I tried to login to backend of each blog but couldn't! I get login page but when i try to login page doesn't change.

4. SteveAtty
    Posted 15 years ago #

Site themes enables themes to be used by any blog in your installation.

If the login page doesn't let you in then you've got something wrong somewhere - probably either rewrite or domain wildcard issues.

5. boatwizard
    Posted 15 years ago #

But if I enable a theme under site themes, it isn't available as a check box option in that individual blogs theme options.
    Granted, I will most probably have to login and try doing it in the backend of each blog, but I thought I would be able to in Site Admin.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Under Site Admin yu control how themes are available on a sitewide basis.

To actually *change* the theme on each blog, you DO have to visit teach blog's backend and pick that theme.

Considering on the Site Admin -> Blogs page, there's a link to each blog's backend, it's just a couple extra clicks. You stay logged in.

(note: You can actually change the theme from the "edit blog" area, which shows all the options fields from the database, but you *must* know the correct folder name of the theme. The fields are in the long list on the left.)

7. boatwizard
    Posted 15 years ago #

Fixed login and was then able to successfully change themes, thank you.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by boatwizard
  • Latest reply from boatwizard