The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

New Litespeed upgrade / Domain Mapping failure (5 posts)

1. johnny_n
    Posted 15 years ago #

It appears as though after the latest Litespeed upgrade my WPMU installation with Donncha's domain mapping plug-in isn't function correctly.

There is one domain mapped and the homepage at that domain loads fine, but nothing else -- 404 errors on everything. The whole thing seems to have started by a server error 503... and gone downhill from there. The other domain (not mapped) works as normal.

This is my host's diagnosis: "It seems like it's something to do with honoring the .htaccess file over a symlinked site. It's therefore not acknowledging the rewrite rules..."

He tweaked the server config file manually to redirect traffic and it's working normally.

No word yet from Litespeed. Anyone else experiencing this? We had very significant downtime from this -- since the homepage loads fine my uptime monitors didn't catch it...

john.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Sounds like some setting in lightspeed got overwritten by new default ones. Not being familiar with it, I had no idea where to look - but the same thing happens in Apache when you rebuild things and the information isn't stored in the right place.

Double-check that all info for the mapped domain is there.

3. cafespain
    Posted 15 years ago #

What version of Litespeed did you upgrade to? and from what previous version?

I've not upgraded to the latest version yet, but am due to early next week - before the big move to Nginx :)

4. johnny_n
    Posted 15 years ago #

I didn't do the upgrade myself... It's on a shared plan so it was part of the regular server maintenance. I never heard back as far as a permanent fix from Litespeed, so I'm not sure how it ended.

I tend to agree with Andrea though, it probably wasn't a problem with a new version of the software so much as with a setting that had been overwritten...

Everything on my side looks ok (mapped domain info.), but server admin is definitely my weakest skill...

5. johnny_n
    Posted 15 years ago #

One last update -- did hear back from my host and Litespeed did patch the problem. So if what they say is true, any releases dated after today (at the least) should be fine.

About this Topic

• Started 15 years ago by johnny_n
  • Latest reply from johnny_n