The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Domain Mapping / Subdomains (4 posts)

1. johnny_n
    Posted 15 years ago #

Greetings --

I've installed an ecommerce plug-in (Shopp) on a mapped WPMU subdomain. Paypal orders work fine. However, we needed to integrate Google Checkout, whose API requires a secure cert.

Shopp gives the URL to enter in Google's API as:

domain2.domain1.com/...

But that is mapped (with Donncha's plugin) to:

domain2.com

At the advice of my host, I purchased a dedicated IP for domain1.com and a SSL CERT for domain2.domain1.com.

But that's not working -- orders still aren't reported back to Shopp, so they don't appear in Wordpress and a confirmation mail isn't sent (though the orders do happen and appear in the Google Checkout account -- better than nothing). This is identical to what happened before the secure Cert was installed.

My gut has always said I needed to buy the IP/cert for domain2.com, but systems admin isn't my strength. This is the address PayPal seems to connect back to -- though I haven't had a chance to see how PayPal integrates completely.

Is that correct? If so, is there a workaround for without having to buy a new IP/cert for domain2.com?

I've tried a simple .htaccess redirect to try to feed the subdomain back into domain2.com, but that doesn't work-- it creates a redirect loop.

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTPS_HOST} ^!domain2.domain1.com$ [NS]
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://domain2.com/$1 [R=301,L]

I'm thinking I could hack wpmu-settings.php to modify NOBLOGREDIRECT for just that one URL, but it seems sort of ridiculous. And the Google API, for one reason or another, might not like that.

Anyone have any ideas? Should have posted this question before I went through with this! ; )

2. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Not that I've gone all the way thru this, but you most definitely woudl have had to buy the SSL CERT for domain2.com, not the originating subdomain.

All requests go thru the mapped domain first.

3. johnny_n
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks, Andrea --

"All requests go thru the mapped domain first."

Yes, that's the critical piece of information... ; )

4. gf8
    Posted 15 years ago #

thanks

About this Topic