The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Fresh Install - Cant Log In (11 posts)

1. Ice-Child
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just installed it fresh, clean directory. So not an upgrade or installing over something else. It runs great, right up to the point it tells me to log in with admin. I put the login in and password, with a copy and paste of the password. It says invalid password. I am also having a problem in that it isn't emailing me. I set it up proper, I get no installed email, nor do I get an email when I tell it to send me new password. I am new to this setup, so I would be grateful.

Thanks
    Rob

2. bschwarting
    Posted 14 years ago #

watch for a space before or after the password. i think i remember mine would copy/paste a space at the end and it wouldn't work.

3. Ice-Child
    Posted 14 years ago #

Its not emailing me either, so am figuring what ever is causing it is more then just a space in the password. Am wiping the drive clean and starting over, see if that cures it, hopefully, but not counting my eggs yet. Let ya know in about 5 minutes.

4. Ice-Child
    Posted 14 years ago #

Nope, clean install and it still tells me "ERROR: Incorrect password." Cleared the old database out and did it completely fresh. Walks straight through till it ask me for password. I still do not get the email from the install and cant get it to send me a password because it for some reason wont send an email. One more try then I go back to using one copy of wordpress and one copy of moveable type. I hate having to use multiple databases but when all else fails fall back to old reliable. This would be a god send, can ditch the forums and just use blogs. Its about all we do anyway. If I could ever get it to work is all.

5. Ice-Child
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok, my son was watching me set up my regular wordpress. He wants one now, which means I need to get MU working, so ANY input would be helpful. I need more then just two blogs now, so haven't got much choice.

PLEASE help me?!?!?!

6. Ice-Child
    Posted 14 years ago #

Oh, before anyone ask. I am running the 2.7.1 version of WPMU. In a clean Apache host server at GoDaddy. Its clean. Any other questions I will answer as fast as I can. Trying to get this set up asap if possible.

7. Ice-Child
    Posted 14 years ago #

I got it, went into phpmyadmin and cleared it out completely, and started from scratch. Thanks for the above effort, but was something that was saved in my phpmyadmin that I had to clear out, once it was gone fired right up.

Not meaning this in a bad way, but hopefully you wont see me again, except to post help of my own to others or maybe post up some plug-ins or themes.

Thanks
    Rob

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Good to know you got it. :)

9. kgraeme
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just saw this thread, but I can share your frustration. My first couple installs I goofed on the password or some other dumb thing and the easiest way to get it working was to just wipe the database, delete all the files, take a deep breath and start over.

Now I can deploy a new instance in about 2 minutes.

10. vlp
    Posted 14 years ago #

I tried install WP MU 2.7.1 several times (more then enough), always clean DB and removed all files and the problem remains.

Anyone have better idea where could be the problem?

11. guvnrDOTcom
    Posted 14 years ago #

try resetting your password, following the email links and copy/pasting the new password sent to you

...that worked for me.

Bit fiddly, the mu install.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by Ice-Child
  • Latest reply from guvnrDOTcom