The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Embed banners within posts (1 post)

1. thelaw
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi guys - I've got a few internal banners that I use to direct traffic on my site. I'm hoping to change these banners every once in a while so that one week it might point to one section, etc. I'd like to have these banners automatically appear within actual posts, preferably further in than just the top or very bottom, but that will do if needed.

I've found a few plugins that work to varying degrees. Max Banner Ads does the job but, at $50, I find the price exorbitant for the limited function it provides. It's basically just for people who want the least fuss. I want to change ads by category or have at least some control.

I'm also wondering about installing OpenX and think that might be the best solution but I'm not sure how you guys are implementing it at the moment. I believe you need to have the execute PHP plugin to place tags within posts but I'm not sure that's a great idea either to stick in stuff into your actual text.

How are you guys managing ads generally? Is this more template driven? I've seen others have ads between portions of an article and that would be ideal, e.g.:

CONTENT PART 1
    AD
    CONTENT PART 2

I'm looking for ideas and all comments appreciated. Thanks.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by thelaw