The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU 2.7.1 with Multi-Site Manager - cannot access site admin (4 posts)

1. ezaton
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi.
    Up until now things have worked fine, given the normal day-to-day issues we have all encounter here and there.
    I have upgraded to WPMU 2.7.1 yesterday and since that time I can create a new site with MSM, but I cannot manage its settings. If I use direct URL, such as domain.com/wp-admin/wpmu-options.php I get permission denied.

I was able to track it to a fault with the DB entries creation, and the following process would work-around the problem.

-- Find your new site ID:
    select * from wp_site;
    -- Get the correct entry for site_admins from some other blog
    select * from wp_sitemeta where meta_key='site_admins';

You should get something like this:
    +---------+---------+-------------+------------------------------------------+
    | meta_id | site_id | meta_key | meta_value |
    | 8 | 1 | site_admins | a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";} |
    | 467 | 21 | site_admins | a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";} |
    | 245 | 13 | site_admins | a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";} |
    | 45 | 3 | site_admins | a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";} |
    | 28 | 2 | site_admins | a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";} |
    | 62 | 5 | site_admins | a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";} |
    | 126 | 8 | site_admins | a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";} |

Use the above mentioned values for your new site ID:
    insert into wp_sitemeta (site_id,meta_key,meta_value) values ('22','site_admins','a:1:{i:0;s:5:"admin";}');

I have no clue as to where I should post this (is it 2.7.1 bug? Is it an adaptation needs to be made for MSM by MSM developer?). I have seen that he is going once a while through this forum, so I hope it will get to him. I am, unfortunately, no coder of any magnitude. I can only report an issue and a solution I have discovered...

Thanks!
    Ez

2. nadaoneal
    Posted 14 years ago #

Short version: I think we should report these issues directly to the developer - ddean@njstatelib.org .

I'm also using MSM, and I actually downgraded to 2.7 again because of a similar problem. I am using MSM to mix sites from multiple domains, and I noticed that after upgrading to 2.7.1, I could only log in to the main site domain - if I tried to log in to one of the other domains, I would find myself logged in to the main domain.

3. mercator
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello,
    Can anyone actually post a link to MSM 2.7? I canot find it on the net and the latest version gives me the same problems as described above!
    THANKS A LOT,
    Mercator

4. spanner
    Posted 14 years ago #

The developer has a note up on his site with a possible fix: comment out this line in wp-config.php that begins with define('DOMAIN_CURRENT_SITE', 'current_site_domain' );

I tried this on my setup (WPMU 2.8.2) and it does allow me to log in to more than the main site.

About this Topic