The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

2.7.1 activate sitewide feature, plugin hack is required? (11 posts)

1. takuya
    Posted 14 years ago #

The new sitewide activate feature is not working on all the plugins. Some plugins work without hacking the code, but do I need to add some extra code in the plugin files in order to make this work?

Plugin commander still works better. ;)

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Dunno yet, the feature's pretty new. Why not take it for a through spin, and then submit trac tickets for any issues?

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org

And then? Make sure to test out any proposed fixes.

3. Trent
    Posted 14 years ago #

You have an example of a plugin that doesn't work? I haven't come across any yet that didn't....

Trent

4. SimonJ
    Posted 14 years ago #

From what I can tell, my first try owth this feature is with wp_pagenavi from lestar Chan, and it doesn't work...

If I activate the plugin on a blog specific dashboard, it works, but sitewide, no...

S.

5. spherical
    Posted 14 years ago #

My 2.7.1 doesn't seem to have this feature anymore. Saw it some time ago but now it doesn't show any longer. Was it in 2.7 and went away like the admin bar in 2.7.1?

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

The "activate plugins sitewide"? Yeah, it's IN 2.7.1 and NOT in 2.7.

7. spherical
    Posted 14 years ago #

Found out what happened. A theme editor plugin had its own mu.php. Comparing the two, there were way major differences. Replacing it with the 2.7.1 dist version brought the site-wide activation (and my sanity on the subject) back but the TE obviously no longer worked. Dumped it and found a workaround to get an editor back, so all's cool. There's only a few users and they're all admins, so having an editor isn't the big security risk that it would be on a signup blog. Unless there's a larger security issue... is there?

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

No, the biggest threat is users.

9. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just imagine a nice user editing a plugin that's in use on someone else s blog and missing a ; off a line.

Ooops, they just brought down all the blogs on your site, and it's up to you to find out what they did and in which file, because they can't fix it due to the admin area not being accessible because of the bug they just introduced.

Plugin editors are not a good idea.

10. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep, because users do dumb things. :)

11. spherical
    Posted 14 years ago #

No worries, then. ;)

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by takuya
  • Latest reply from spherical