The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

I am so lost. SOS (6 posts)

1. jeffbbs
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am using Godaddy windows shared hosting. IIS is 7.0, so that I can run Wordpress without any problems. But when I use wpmu. The problem comes.

When I add a new blog to my wpmu, in the folder there is nothing. (I am using subfolder) However, the account of the blog is already there.

BTW, I set the right permission for all my folders. ".htaccess" is auto-created.

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

You need an additional module to support rewriting in IIS, certainly on older versions but I don't think that they've added it as a native capability.

3. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

I added the godaddy tag to this thread so you can review previous threads on this topic.

4. jeffbbs
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thank you two above very much.

Question update:
    I checked yesterday when I just installed Wordpress not WPMU, I also could not use permalinks. However, today it works very well.
    So should I surmise that after set up permalinks in WPMU, I also needed to wait for a few hours?
    My another concern is whether permalinks work in WP, so permalinks also should work in WPMU?

Thanks

5. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

GoDaddy cache your .htaccess (or at least they used to, so I assume they still do).

So when you edit your local .htaccess file, it doesn't instantly start being used. I think you can work around it though - from memory if you delete your .htaccess file it is actioned quicker than an edit. You can then upload the new one.

6. GDHosting
    Posted 14 years ago #

jeffbbs,

GoDaddy.com has specific help article that provides instructions on installing WordPress MU. This should help, but if you run into anything else let me know. You can see it here: http://help.godaddy.com/article/5072

Also wanted to mention that we no longer cache .htaccess files. They are now picked up immediately.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by jeffbbs
  • Latest reply from GDHosting