The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Problem in wp-config.php - $base is set to BASE when it should be the path like (13 posts)

1. NicScogna
    Posted 14 years ago #

When I install, my browser tell me: "Problem in wp-config.php - $base is set to BASE when it should be the path like "/" or "/blogs/"! Please fix it!"

In my MySql i have another data base for my first word press (no mu). In database of wordpressmu there are not tables.

Pleas help me!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Don't edit the config file by hand. Delete it and run the install again.
    Also delete .htacess

3. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

Scratch that

4. NicScogna
    Posted 14 years ago #

Andrea_r, you tell me: "Don't edit the config file by hand", but I must write in config file the name e pass of database ecc. How I do?
    Grazie.

5. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

No, you don't. Please follow the instructions in the readme file. The setup script writes the file.

6. NicScogna
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok, before I have deleted and after I have follow the instructions in the readme file (I have no write config.php). But when I try I again read:
    "Problem in wp-config.php - $base is set to BASE when it should be the path like "/" or "/blogs/"! Please fix it!".

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have no write config.php

Just to clarify, you should not have any wp-config.php file before installing. If you have one, please delete it.

You have set the directory that your mu files sit in (ie public_html, www, or whatever your webroot is) to be writable by the webserver, right? You also have to set your wp-content to the same.

Also delete anything in your .htaccess file and set that as writable as well.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Do you have another WP install on the same server?

9. NicScogna
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok, grazie tdjcbe. I have done but now after first page installation I see two messages:
    "Warning: require(/web/htdocs/www.albesteiner.net/home/scuola/wp-includes/http.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /web/htdocs/www.albesteiner.net/home/scuola/wp-settings.php on line 353"
    and
    "Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/web/htdocs/www.albesteiner.net/home/scuola/wp-includes/http.php' (include_path='.:/php5/lib/php/') in /web/htdocs/www.albesteiner.net/home/scuola/wp-settings.php on line 353"

I Have not one directory "home".
    Grazie!

10. NicScogna
    Posted 14 years ago #

andrea_r I have two WP (no MU) at same server, at same Data Base MySql. (kjdjjksdjksd_1 and kjdjjksdjksd_2)
    Now I use "kjdjjksdjksd_3" but I have seen that first page installation Mu Tell me I need "An empty MySQL database".
    Then?
    Grazie!

11. blogaul
    Posted 14 years ago #

I use wp 2.7.1 first so I have a problem, the solution: do not change anything, after the zip extract it directly to your domain. I've tried in http://www.blogaul.com

12. orlisgal
    Posted 14 years ago #

What setup script? I've uploaded the files via FTP and when I try to then setup mu, I get this error message: "There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file. I need this before we can get started."

http://www.manoamanocombat.grantproposalservices.com/mma/index.php

Any suggestions?

13. orlisgal
    Posted 14 years ago #

Brilliant - per andrea_r on a different thread, found this:

"...there's core WP code in there that travels up one directory.

usually people with this setup have a different issue with it actually reading the root config file. You could try disabling that long enough to get it installed."

So I had WP installed on the same server, just a different folder. Disabled the wp-config.php file in that other folder and was then able to run the browser install program!

Thanks andrea_r!

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by NicScogna
  • Latest reply from orlisgal