The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Recent SVN changes / WPMU development (12 posts)

1. gwagenknecht
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi!

Nice to see progress in WPMU development. :)

Would it be possible to use more descriptive comments in your check-ins? The change log is gone and comments like "new features" doesn't help very much when tracking individual changes. I did some fixes in my environment which I also attached to track. That's why I'm tracking SVN directly.

It also looks like some features where dropped. For example, code related to "invites" was removed. But it's hard to tell because this is not mentioned anywhere.

Cu, Gunnar

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I gotta admit that I miss the invite option. :(

There hasn't been any work done on this as a plugin, has there? I don't see anything right off in the forums here and my php coding skills are pretty bad.

3. Frequent
    Posted 17 years ago #

I hope someone with skills is working on the pluggin Dr. Mike. (Lord knows I'm not qualified to code it.)

Freq---

4. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

There's always this changelog: http://blogs.linux.ie/download/wpmu/Changelog.txt
    It's linked from the download page, and if you track the WP.org SVN merge messages you can get a good idea of what gets merged.

Invites aren't coming back, sorry!

5. gwagenknecht
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi donncha,

Thanks for all your WPMU work. Do you have any timeline? What is your development strategy? Can we assume that trunk will be broken at some point in time or do you only commit working stuff?

My last version was r542. There has been a lot refactoring till r712. I was quite some work to migrate my test site to it. I'm wondering if there will be such big changes again or if things are settled down so that I can look into running WPMU on a public site.

Cu, Gunnar

6. mrjcleaver
    Posted 17 years ago #

This stuff should be held on http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/

7. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Not really. The forums are for discussion. That's not what the trac is for.

I do notice that you've been here an entire day. You may want to watch what happens here in the forums before you start bossing folks around. :)

8. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

If you read around Gunnar, you'll see donncha said we were getting close to version 1.0. And some of us are running public sites already. ;)

9. gwagenknecht
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yes but that's my problem. It's written somewhere behind the scenes. There is no such statement on the mu.wordpress.org landing page neither are any milestones configured in Trac. :(

It would be really great if we could start using the Trac roadmap feature.

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"Updated July 17th! WordPress MU is nearing a 1.0 stable release. Please download and test Release Candidate 4 and help us prepare for a really stable 1.0 release! It can be downloaded in two formats:"

This is on the download page, right above the download link... it's harldy hidden.

Also here in the forums Donncha has stated the same thing in multiple threads (which have fallen off the main page, but still).

11. gwagenknecht
    Posted 17 years ago #

Mhm. Yes I also found it on the downloads page but I got the impression that the downloads page is somewhere off-site and not 'official'. Maybe because it links to a different domain. ;)

Anyway, I haven't been able to follow the forums in the last weeks. Is there a news blog with an RSS feed?

12. gwagenknecht
    Posted 17 years ago #

Uhh, my mistake. Everything setup fine. :)

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by gwagenknecht
  • Latest reply from gwagenknecht