The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

No Plugin Panel (6 posts)

1. relm86
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just installed the latest version of wordpress mu for the first time but don't have a plug-in panel to manage plug-ins for the site. I read about logging in as an admin and going to site admin section to activate it but I cant find that either on the control panel. I even uploaded plug-ins through an FTP but they don't seem to show anywhere on the control panel for wordpress mu.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

latest version of wordpress mu

Software have versions numbers. Please get in the habit of using them. Latest version is a development version out of the trac. Is that what you;re running?

There should be a checkbox for the plugins menu. It's on the Site Admin -> Options page towards the bottom. If you don't see that checkbox, please tell us what you do see. It's under a heading labeled "Menus (Enable or disable WP Backend Menus)"

3. frankwht23
    Posted 14 years ago #

I can't find site admin options or menus help- do i need an ftp site or host in order to work with plugins?

4. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you using WPMU, and logged in as the administrator (the account you created at the start)?

5. Coen Naninck
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've just encountered the same problem but managed to fix it and want to write it down here for future reference.

One possible issue may be what I did, which is changing the admin name in the database (phpMyAdmin). This can not be done from within WordPress MU for the Administrator account, but it can be done in the database. In regular (non-MU) WordPress this wasn't a problem (at least for me in the past), but after I reset the admin account from my own name to 'admin' (without quotes) again the plug-ins menu came back. Note that all 3 fields should be changed back: user_login, user_nicename and display_name.

Hope this helps.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you change the admin username and do not put the new username in the list at Site Admin -> Options -> Site admins, then yes, you'll lock yourself out of any site admin menus.

About this Topic