The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Email of deleted user still in database (10 posts)

1. L777
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi all,
    I'm new to WPMU, so please bear with me. I just installed WPMU on my home server and created a user by registering it myself. I went to the admin side of WPMU and deleted the user. If I try to re-register a user with the same email address as the deleted user, I the message, that “this email is already in used”, even when I have deleted the user completely. Is there a place in the WPMU folder where I have to delete this emails manually?

Thanks,

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes.

wp_registrations (or wp_registration_log, something like that).

3. L777
    Posted 14 years ago #

I did not see a Wp_registration or Wp_registration_log file in the WPMU root folder, will this information get stored in the database?

Thanks,

4. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yes, it's in your database. It's the wp_registration_log table by the way. I clarify that since there's a plugin that uses a wp_registration table.

Best bet would be to edit the record and throw in a garbage email address in there instead of deleting it.

5. L777
    Posted 14 years ago #

okay I found the record and did what you suggested, but I'm not able to use the same email address still, should I look in another place?

Thanks,

6. koenraad
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the same problem. Since usernames cannot be changed, I deleted a user, then wanted to define a new username with the same email address as the deleted user. WordPress MU fails to go along with that plan. Need some clear instructions on how to force this.

7. codeautom8r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Check the wp_users table via phpmyadmin. Find the user with the email address you are using and delete that row of data. Should take care of the problem.

8. markschafer
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is there a logical reason why the user and email address is not deleted from the database through the wp-admin? As noted we can manually delete from the database but this is deleting for the second time. Why would we want to keep data on a former user account in the database?

Also, why do we have to transfer posts when deleting a user in wp-admin? Doesn't it make sense to have an option to transfer or completely delete?

9. solsikkehaven
    Posted 14 years ago #

I agree totally.

I find it very admin-unfriendly that you cannot just take a blog, a user and complete wipe it out through the admin panel.

10. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"Why would we want to keep data on a former user account in the database?"

to prevent them from signing up again, simple as that. If you delete spam blogs and spam users, and there isn't a record of where they came from, then can just signup again and again till the cows come home.

About this Topic