The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

The World's Shorted WPMU plugin (15 posts)

1. Farms
    Posted 14 years ago #

Heya,

Just a quickie (haha) - but in case you fancy it, we're having a fun contest to find the world's shortest (and best) WPMU plugin.

Reckon you can compete?

Cheers, James

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

* cough *

3. Nimwit
    Posted 14 years ago #

Now if I plugged a site (being a small potato) in this forum I wonder how long that post would be online for...

Lets see...

Are you a Nimwit?
    Go on be bold, test you brain power at http://nimwit.co.uk now!

N.

4. Nimwit
    Posted 14 years ago #

@Farms Recent Topics Started:

1. The World's Shorted WPMU plugin Started: 18 hours ago Most recent reply: 22 minutes ago.
    - PLUG FOR YOUR SITE

2. The Complete WordPress MU Site Admin Guide Started: 2 weeks ago Most recent reply: 2 weeks ago.
    - PLUG FOR YOUR SITE

3. New BuddyPress category at WPMUDEV.org / Possible new contest? Started: 1 month ago Most recent reply: 1 month ago.
    - PLUG FOR YOUR SITE

4. Are you an advanced MU developer? Started: 2 months ago Most recent reply: 2 months ago.
    - PLUG FOR YOUR SITE

5. Building a sustainable business using WPMU Started: 3 months ago Most recent reply: 3 months ago.
    - PLUG FOR YOUR SITE

6. And the 2008 WPMU Awards winners are... Started: 5 months ago No replies.
    - PLUG FOR YOUR SITE

7. Nominations for the 2008 WPMU awards now up Started: 5 months ago Most recent reply: 4 months ago.
    - PLUG FOR YOUR SITE

8. Anyone up for a WPMU awards? Started: 6 months ago Most recent reply: 5 months ago.
    - PLUG FOR YOUR SITE

etc..

5. Farms
    Posted 14 years ago #

I figured it was kinda relevant, sorry :/

And if you take a look at the topics above - they're not exactly off topic.

And I do contribute to other threads where I can (which is limited, being that I'm not a coder).

6. Farms
    Posted 14 years ago #

Admittedly I should have spelt the title right :/

7. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

Gotta love it, someone who has been a member for 3 weeks lecturing someone who has been a member for 4 years :)

Besides which, it's a link to a challenge to write some small plugins, which if anything can only benefit the community.

(and if you have a look at the other plugins available that do the same job as the ones already posted, you'll see they are a lot larger and clunking).

8. Nimwit
    Posted 14 years ago #

@cafespain "Gotta love it, someone who has been a member for 3 weeks lecturing someone who has been a member for 4 years :)" - True I have only been on this forum for 4 weeks, but that's because I only started using WPMU 4 weeks ago. I have however been posting on various other forums since 1995 and before that via BBS (dial ups). I just hate capitalist pigs who make cash from other peoples work. Just becuase you modify 4 lines of code from someone elses plugin does not give you the right to hide it from everyone AND charge them service fees in order to access the hacked plugin...

@cafespain "Besides which, it's a link to a challenge to write some small plugins, which if anything can only benefit the community." - Not if it falls in to Farms "Premium Plugin area" then you will pay at least $20 a month for the privilege.

@cafespain "(and if you have a look at the other plugins available that do the same job as the ones already posted, you'll see they are a lot larger and clunking)." - Bollocks.

N.

9. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

@Nimwit - you're entitled to your opinion, I just happen to think it's complete crap.

"Not if it falls in to Farms "Premium Plugin area" then you will pay at least $20 a month for the privilege." - It doesn't so this argument is irrelevant.

"I just hate capitalist pigs who make cash from other peoples work." So you haven't used any of farms free plugins? Theme and language packs? Or WordPress MU?

"Bollocks." - Find me one plugin, just one that disables the flash uploader in anywhere approaching 1 line of code. Go on... I looked, they are all a mess of javascript and hacks. So I thought I would help people out and asked James to put a post on his blog because he gets more traffic

10. cafespain
    Posted 14 years ago #

"Just becuase you modify 4 lines of code from someone elses plugin does not give you the right to hide it from everyone AND charge them service fees in order to access the hacked plugin..." and I'm pretty sure that Andrew could take action on that remark, unless you want to point to a plugin that's had 4 lines changed and then hidden away.

11. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have however been posting on various other forums since 1995 and before that via BBS (dial ups).

If you want to get into a pissing content pertaining to how long we've been online, I politely point out that you don't even come close to being the oldest. By many, many years.

You also have missed the many different plugins and Farms and Andrew have kicked out for free outside of what's been done for the premium folks. What have you done for this community?

12. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Nim, try being helpful, then you can post pretty much whatever you like.

Y'all may be older & younger than me, but I'm the prettiest. :P

13. Farms
    Posted 14 years ago #

Does this mean that I don't get to post about Blogs.mu?

I mean, come on, we've MU'd MU... surely that's worth a quick thread?

14. Nimwit
    Posted 14 years ago #

;) No hard feelings then Farms, I'm definetly sitting on the wrong side of the fence here.

Thanks for the replies cafespain.

I love pissing contests tdjcbe. But, I won't win so I'll back out in to the dark shadows...

Time to waste some more time in the garage pissing about with my second love, before the other half gets back...

N.

15. Nimwit
    Posted 14 years ago #

How do people get these decent domain names...

About this Topic