The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Images in Media Library aren't available (4 posts)

1. tunghoy
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've just spent hours searching for an answer with no luck. Maybe someone can help...

I have a new installation of WPMU 2.7. Images that I upload to the Media Library (using either the Flash or regular uploader) are accepted and the library lists them, but nothing actually gets uploaded.

The Library shows images are in /wpmu/blog/2009/05/04/51/, but there is no such folder. There is an empty blogs.dir folder, and when I try to set permissions to 777 (something I really don't want to do), the permissions don't get set.

Some "solutions" say to look at the Admin settings/Misc. section, but there is no such thing. I've looked all over and I don't see any setting that governs uploads.

Only odd thing I can think of is that I've set the blog to be visible only to administrators. (Once the site is ready, I will remove that restriction.) There's also no Google or Amazon plug-in installed. All the plug-ins that are installed are also installed on other servers running 2.7 and there are no such problems.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"The Library shows images are in /wpmu/blog/2009/05/04/51/, but there is no such folder. There is an empty blogs.dir folder, and when I try to set permissions to 777 (something I really don't want to do), the permissions don't get set."

This is the actual issue. The directories aren't getting created. You need to fiddle with permissions/ownership until they do.

3. tunghoy
    Posted 14 years ago #

You're probably right. This is the eighth WPMU installation I've done, and haven't had this problem before. What should the permissions be for the wpmu/blog folder? All the other folders are 755, so isn't that sufficient permission to create new folders?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Depends on who owns the folders and who is creating them (who according to the serve,r not WPMU)

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by tunghoy
  • Latest reply from andrea_r