The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

site error 404 and page link break (8 posts)

1. gundba
    Posted 14 years ago #

hi, i installed wordpress mu and buddypres at my site myehunt.com/buddypress ,but links realy dont work, on clicking heelo world post even it doesnt show anything and errorshows of 404 and link broken

2. ihategherkins
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you running on a Windows server?
    Neil

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

You need mod_rewrite installed and working and the server able to read the htaccess file.

Bet bet, ask your web host's support.

4. muradsweiss
    Posted 14 years ago #

Help

I have been have nothing but problems with thumbnails and the upload folder, well I couldnt fix the part of showing images on my blog, but I somehow I broke my blog on the way:(

My posts now dont show on the front page -- shows error 404 ??
    The post url on front end is hte same on the back end -- I checked the permalinks and they seem ok?

Please help me

PS can I restore the blog to earlier hour?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"I have been have nothing but problems with thumbnails and the upload folder,"

If you have a theme using the timthumb script, then yes - you will have problems.

Contact the theme author, show them this:
    http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/2009/10/timthumb-wordpress-mu/

6. muradsweiss
    Posted 14 years ago #

Andrea, you have always been of great help - I was on your site and I learned that you consult for$45 per hr -- i wonder if that applies same for on-site help? --- next week if you have time i'd love to pick you up on one hour or so....
    as of the thumbnails - its been a nightmare for me - i basically did everything from changing permission to permalinks to even changing core code -- and still no luck.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hit me up on the contact form at ronandandrea.com. :)

8. stephendeo
    Posted 14 years ago #

I get an error 404 when I view my post. The error is wrapped around the theme. Its NOT a browser error.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by gundba
  • Latest reply from stephendeo