The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

The new mu.wordpress.org (15 posts)

1. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've just updated the theme on http://mu.wordpress.org/ to bring it in line with WordPress.com

Everything I've tested so far works for me but if you find any bugs, please leave a reply here!

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

hah!
    got me pretty confused... pressed F5 to refresh and was wondering where the good old forum had disappeared :-(

###edit###
    does that mean the search on the left is now working? or shall we still use the old search link you posted once?

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Try it. :)

4. bloggsbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

@donncha

Congratulations! The new theme looks great!

--
    RG

5. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

Stephane Duary at http://tekartist.org/ has created a logo with a nicer mu character. I've just changed the header colours a tiny bit too.

6. GIGALinux
    Posted 14 years ago #

Nice redesign. Are new features planed, like a blog or a plugin browser?

And can you post a vector version (like the WordPress logo in PDF) of the logo?

7. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

A blog is on the way but the plugin browser is the one on wordpress.org. No point in replicating that.

I only used the png off the WordPress.org site as a base for that logo. Not sure if there's a vector version floating about somewhere.

8. GIGALinux
    Posted 14 years ago #

No, I mean a plugin browser like buddypress.org it has. It lists all plugins tagged with 'buddypress'.

9. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 14 years ago #

That plugin browser is a good idea but it'll only happen if I have time to implement it unfortunately. It probably needs to be more flexible than the one on the buddypress.org site as most plugins will work in MU.

10. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Tip for those confused with the new layout: bookmark this link instead of the old one -

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/view/all-topics

11. redsoxmaniac
    Posted 14 years ago #

Very surprised. Good change. I am going to be confused on which forum I am in:)

12. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just for reference, when you search the forums, you lose the breadcrumb link along the top that'll bring you back to the forums.

13. johnjamesjacoby
    Posted 14 years ago #

:thumbup: Great job!

14. conpeo
    Posted 14 years ago #

simple & clear.
    Thank u very much.

15. webmaestro
    Posted 14 years ago #

The new theme 'feels' much nicer. The old theme felt more staid & bland. I also like that the search form is now available everywhere. Great work!

On a somewhat related note, I noticed, though that my recent post 'Cannot Deactivate or Archive Blog in 2.7' doesn't show up when I search for deactivate or archive, although it does show up for the tags deactivate and archive.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by donncha
  • Latest reply from webmaestro