The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

One Email for Test Blogs (5 posts)

1. scotm
    Posted 14 years ago #

Is there a way to allow the Admin email account to be used for multiple blogs? I'm thinking about in a test environment where you are creating multiple blogs where you could use one email address rather than have to apply a unique email to each one.

Thx

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

There's no limit on the number of blogs a single user can create and use. If you go to the wp-signup.php page while logged in, it'll give you the option to create another blog. You can also do it at the bottom of the Dashboard -> Site Admin -> Blogs page.

3. scotm
    Posted 14 years ago #

Doh! What I really meant to ask is whether the Admin can create multiple test users (with corresponding blogs) and have all of them assigned to the same email address. It's a real pain having to assign unique emails to dummy test accounts.

Thx

4. tragicallyhip
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm with @scotm. Is there any way to create multiple test users on the same email address?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Not really, no.

But if you're using a gmail account, there's a trick to fake it. you can add anything.whatever to the original gmail address, and it winds up in the same inbox.

So if you have testuser@gamil, then me.testuser@gmail, them.testuser@gamil should all wind up in the same spot.

But MU will see them as separate.

(if I remembered it right)

About this Topic