The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Hiding/showing site to non-registered users (5 posts)

1. jfcarter
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have a question about hiding/showing certain parts of my site.

When users come to the home page (mysite.com), I want non-logged in users to get a login page and if they are logged in to get the home page.

(I've already found the whole Static Page thing--not a fit for what I'm doing).

Anyone have a code snippet for this?

Or a plugin? I looked at Members Only, which so far seems to work well, but it won't let me exclude a page or two (e.g., features, about) which I need to do for people who need to learn about the site. If anyone knows how to modify Members Only, please let me know since that would be the easiest fix.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

3. jfcarter
    Posted 14 years ago #

Andrea,

Thanks for this. Is there any way to control which page shows up as the login page? I have a login page of my own that I would like to use.

Jessica

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

you mean the login page you want them to see is outside of WP?

5. jfcarter
    Posted 14 years ago #

The login page doesn't follow the page template; it is coded in php, though.

I want non-registered users to be able to see the pages (that do follow the template) on the site (e.g., About, Features).

Basically, I want the functionality of the Members Only (WP) plugin, but I want users to be able to see the pages.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by jfcarter
  • Latest reply from jfcarter