The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Default page for new blog & contact form (6 posts)

1. nevrotico
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello,

i have installed grunion-contact-form to allow users contact administrator of my subblogs. I have also hacked wpmu-function.php to auto-create contact page in every new subblog and this page is correctly created.

But, i have a problem.

To call the contact form, i must use this line [contact-form] into page. I have used it but no contact form appear, just the text [contact-form].

To see contact form, i must edit page and save, always using the same text [contact-form].....why wordpress don't replace the text when the page is created?

Thx and sorry for my bad english.

2. nevrotico
    Posted 14 years ago #

help me plz

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"I have also hacked wpmu-function.php to auto-create contact page in every new subblog and this page is correctly created."

My guess the page is being created with the shortcode before the plugin is activated on that blog.

4. NickRita
    Posted 14 years ago #

I tried the same as nevrotico. The plugin is activated before the page is being created.

I think the problem is, that [contact-form] has to be written in html and not on the visual editor. When the page is being created, it seems to be done on the visual editor.

I tried to insert <html>[contact-form]</html> in wpmu-function.php but this doesn't help.

I would be very glad for any solution.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"I think the problem is, that [contact-form] has to be written in html and not on the visual editor. "

Except in blogs I've used this, it doens't matter when you are writing a new post. It works from either.

6. NickRita
    Posted 14 years ago #

Okay, I found the solution:

Grunion contakt form doesn't work on user-blogs, if the administrator aktivates it sitewide.

But it works, if the administrator activates it for the main blog and the user-blog owner activates it for the user-blog.

So, [contact-form] now is part of the self-generated default contact page and it becomes a contact form as soon as the plugin is activated.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by nevrotico
  • Latest reply from NickRita