The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

LDAP and Groups (4 posts)

1. plaverty
    Posted 14 years ago #

There have been a few forum posts on this but I can't find any definitive answers.

I'm at a university and want to roll out WPMU as a service to about 25,000 users. We do have a central LDAP groups server. I want to tie it together with WPMU.

The reason is let's say a prof with 100 students in class wants every student to have access to the blog, but no one else. No one wants to manually enter the 100 students, plus the daily add/drops. Especially since this information is already maintained in the LDAP groups. So I want to be able to give a level of access to that course's group. Is there a way that I can do that today?

I already have authentication covered using our central service, now I just want to do authorization. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've got it working with Active Directory groups. I started with the WPMU LDAP plugin that pretty much everyone uses, and added on from there. You're welcome to the code I'm using, but I can't really release and support it publicly. Hit me up off-list if you want it - deanna dot schneider at gmail dot com.

3. sswx3
    Posted 14 years ago #

I knew it was possible!

4. berchman
    Posted 14 years ago #

DeannaS,
    Might I ask you for a copy of the code you use?
    I have the same need as sswx3. I need to manage large groups of users. I too have authentication working and now need this bit.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    Thanks, Berchman

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by plaverty
  • Latest reply from berchman