The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

the NEW montyspam thread (19 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

hey Gary, still around?

what is the news about montyspam? my wpmu version expires today, so I'll be hit by another spam/splog wave soon. Could you add more time please?

Also the other version I tested for you is expiring today and I wasn't able to reach you by email.

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Religion or plague? You decide. :)

3. macgruder
    Posted 14 years ago #

I extended the time already. And this should be the last - I know I've said that before but a 'plague' of jobs hit me just as I was finishing up. (It frustrated me too!)

Monty & Macgruder

4. litchi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

macgruder,

I have used your plugin but it keeps poping up the follow message when I try to sign-up

Verification: Please verify that you are a legitimate user.
    Please check here to confirm you are a real user.:

I have checked the checkbox, but still it returns to the sign up page, also there is no incoming spam record in the montyspam admin page, and also no email sent out.

Is there anything about my php version or extension or what other possible reason?

Thanks.

5. litchi
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am litchi, I also tried the comment, it seems no comment can be posted in my site also, so it's very sad that I have to disable the plugin montyspam by now, hope anybody can help me.

:)

6. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

can we have the link to your wpmu isntallation so we can see whats going on?

7. litchi
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi Ovidiu,

Thanks for your reply, but since if I turn this plugin on, all the user will not be able to registe and post comment, so I can not open it currently, I have switched to wp-hashcash, it seems it's also an excellent plugin.

I think maybe that's because the ip address of my ISP was blocked, is that true?

8. litchi
    Posted 14 years ago #

btw: my site is http://ixiezi.com , currently i am using wp-hashcash, it does work!

9. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

@Gary:

If you're around, monty expires tomorrow on 4 of my installations, already sent you an email, could you please let me know when you've extended it for me?

thanks

10. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Mine expires in Zero days ;-)

11. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

hey, mine expired yesterday in 0 days, how many days till expirey do I have now?

btw. got in touch with gary, updated all my sites.

12. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

I got up this morning and found 40 spam comments and an expired Monty spam, so I just down loaded a new copy and installed it.

13. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Anyone know why montyspam.net is down? Its hanging my backend if I try to go into the montyspam admin screen

14. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

Seems to be back now, but I guess it checks the site to determine its expiry date and if its not there it hangs.

15. gmchun
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hai,
    I installed monty spam and will expire at 9 days.What should i do?

16. parkstreet
    Posted 14 years ago #

@gmchun, you will need to download a new copy and re-install.

17. gmchun
    Posted 14 years ago #

parkstreet,
    I have re install and overwrite the files but still saying that expire at 6 days.
    It is just need download the montyspam and overwrite the files only?

18. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've found that you have to wait for it to expire before downloading.

19. gmchun
    Posted 14 years ago #

SteveAtty,
    Ok,i will wait until expire.
    Thanks for your reply and also thanks for ur suggestion to me at few months ago for use monthyspam which was great and really help me block a lot of spam.

Regards,
    Wallace

About this Topic