The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Main Blog not happy? (7 posts)

1. dcc186
    Posted 14 years ago #

HI All,
    I have checked out all the similar issues, but have not had any luck yet. But I am relatively new to WP after moving across from similar solutions.

my issue is that when pointing directly to silverbullet.newcastle.edu.au/index.php the server spits you back to index.html. If I remove index.hml and try again it points me to apache test page. So it is very similar to some issues already posted--- however, if I go to silverbullet.newcastle.edu.au/about then it goes to one of the permalink pages made!

To then move of if I go to any of the "sub-blogs" i.e. silverbullet.newcastle.edu.au/cmns1000 everything is fine?

HELP PLEASE
    Cheers
    Dan

2. dcc186
    Posted 14 years ago #

Just to add, i get an apache error saying that /blog/index.php cant be found. But I cant find anywhere to tell it otherwise. wp-config.php has just "/"

??? :(

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Who's your webhost? It's a server setting that needs to be changed, not WPMU.

4. dcc186
    Posted 14 years ago #

It is on a local machine, 10.5 leopard......

I figured it is a server config, but I was hoping somone may have some pointers--- i see to keep going around in circles.

5. dcc186
    Posted 14 years ago #

This is the exact error I am getting

[Fri May 22 09:52:13 2009] [error] [client 10.1.46.73] script '/Library/WebServer/Documents/blog/index.php' not found or unable to stat, referer: http://silverbullet.newcastle.edu.au/about/

/Library/WebServer/Documents/blog/index.php should be

/Library/WebServer/Documents/index.php
    but I cant seem to find where it is getting the wrong directory

6. dcc186
    Posted 14 years ago #

Sorry to keep re posting errors, but I want to get as much info as I can to anyone who may be able to help!

In the interests of testing I put a copy of the index.php in /blog and it at least then throws an error of not eing able to find wp-blogs.php.

There must be a setting somewhere telling it to go /blog/index.php instead of /index.php?

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

What folder did you install WPMU in?

And what folder is assigned as the domain's document root?

About this Topic