The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

question about plugin commander (8 posts)

1. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

just a quick question: plugin commander makes its menu (the user part) visible like this:

define('PC_PLUGINS_HOME','tools.php');
    define('PC_PLUGINS_CMD_BASE',PC_PLUGINS_HOME."?page=Plugins");

how would one alter this and make it replace the original Plugins page? Besides the fact that I am not sure if this can work, as I have checked the option to hide the plugins page from the users...

But would it be possible to replace the original page without a hack? Of course if it is replaced I wouldn't mind enabling plguins again via the site admin option.

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

it seems my prayers have been heard, here is another version, also incorporating support for the supporters plugin (the one from premium.wpmudev.org) :-)

http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/wpmu-plugin-manager

gonna take this new plugin for a ride, right now.

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

looks good, just some remarks, I have to still test:

- if a plugin is set to autoactivate for new blogs, do users have control over it to deactivate it?
    - I'd suggest an improvement: I started autoactivating quite a few plugin, but this has to be done one-by-one, so it woudl be useful, if those plugins could be visually marked so I know where I have to continue and maybe checkboxes os I can autoactivate several plugins in one batch?

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

also some of the features from this old plugin could be implemented, i.e. the ability to see which blgo has which plugins activated: http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/Plugin-Manager

5. Ovidiu
    Posted 14 years ago #

- users can unfortunately decide to deactivate plugins that were set to automatically be activated at blog creation so I can't force plugin onto users, except by putting them into mu-plugins :-(
    - wpmu plugin manager doesn't work with firestats, at least on my isntall, it gives me a 500 server error when trying to mass activate it for all blgos.

6. prayhumbly
    Posted 14 years ago #

7. amparo megias
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hi,

When I set on Auto-activate, new blogs havenĀ“t any plugin activate default. I must activate any plugin in the new blog.
    Could anyone help me?
    Thanks

8. jmunn
    Posted 13 years ago #

I noticed it doesn't work with the bulk create blogs plugin I tried out, in case you happen to be using that or something similar. Otherwise it has worked as expected for me.

About this Topic