The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Firefox closes when i try to add media files? (9 posts)

1. seahawknationblog
    Posted 14 years ago #

Never have i had this happen before, but when i try to add media with firefox the browser crashes and closes immediately while opnening add media.
    No plugin updates or computer updates or any changes to website, i really need some help here if anyone knows more about this problem, thanks in advance!!

2. Person
    Posted 14 years ago #

Does this happen only in Firefox or in IE as well? (or other browser you have) What version of FF do you have? What if you use the non-flash uploader, do you still get the same problem?

3. wordpressnoob2009
    Posted 14 years ago #

Got the same problem. Happens with Firefox, but not with Chrome or other browsers. Also, of all my sites (about 5), it happens on all of them except one, which I can upload using Firefox. Weird. I tried updating to the latest beta, and still the same issues.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Are you all on any host that did a recent server update?

5. seahawknationblog
    Posted 14 years ago #

Im on grid hosting with go daddy, no updates according to them, also happens only in firefox, it just started last night, never happened before.
    All sites do this????

6. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

No, all sites do not do this. :) Reason I asked is, a friend has the *exact* same issue happening on single WP, but his host just updated.

Stuff that happens suddenly is either a new plugin activated, or the server gets updated in some way.

7. seahawknationblog
    Posted 14 years ago #

All sites meaning my websites in MU, Not everyones, but im stillhaving this issue, nothing with host either, i spoke to webserver technician and nothing has been done on thier end,anybody have any clues??

8. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Looks like a problem with Firefox 3.0.10 and Gears:

http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic/firefox-crashing-on-clicking-image-uploader

9. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yep, that's what I've been hearing.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by seahawknationblog
  • Latest reply from andrea_r