The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Posting to multiple blogs simultaneously (10 posts)

1. TimR
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi,

Does a plugin exist that will allow you to post to multiple blogs in your network simultaneously from your main blog?

Does it just make sense to have RSS feeds in the child blogs that grabs info from the main blog?

Will something like this zap my server resources or anything?

Also I should add that I'll probably be using the Multiple Sites Plugin in case that makes any kind of difference.

Thanks in advance...

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"Does it just make sense to have RSS feeds in the child blogs that grabs info from the main blog?

Will something like this zap my server resources or anything?"

You can, but it will pull down your server depending on how many blogs you have. :)

3. TimR
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks...What would you recommend then?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm not sure anyone has released anything viable for this. At least not publicly, because it'd be a spammer's wet dream come true.

5. TimR
    Posted 14 years ago #

Well this is for an "internal network" in other words this isn't for others to be able to create blogs but for our organization only.

Does that change anything?

6. redsoxmaniac
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am looking for the same thing, but this is helping me on the way:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/11429?replies=4

7. HungryMedia
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have written a plugin to meet my needs of using Wordpress MU as a research tool. It allows a master blog owner to push "call-to-action" posts to sub-blogs where each sub-blog publisher can post their own "responses". Perhaps it'll be useful for others.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multipost-mu/

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

It probably will be. :) People ask for it a lot.

I'd be interested in seeing how resource-intensive it is.

9. HungryMedia
    Posted 14 years ago #

My plugin creates real posts within each sub-blog, so it will be no more resource-intensive than usual for each page load. It is doing a little more than usual (updating every sub-blog) when each post to the master blog is published or deleted.

I've only tested with 10 or so sub-blogs.

10. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

"It is doing a little more than usual (updating every sub-blog) when each post to the master blog is published or deleted."

That's where my concern was. :) I have seen setups where people wanted to do this with, oh, 400 blogs at once.

(people will try, that's for sure :D )

Kinda beautiful the way the server went down...

About this Topic