The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

blogs.dir missing files and folders (7 posts)

1. anilwilson
    Posted 14 years ago #

I was trying to install WP e-Commerce. I got the following message when I was trying to setup products.

The following directories are not writable:
    /home/cpadmin/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/wpsc/downloadables/
    /home/cpadmin/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/wpsc/previews/
    /home/cpadmin/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/wpsc/product_images/
    /home/cpadmin/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/wpsc/product_images/thumbnails/
    /home/cpadmin/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir/7/files/wpsc/category_images/
    You won't be able to upload any images or files here. You will need to change the permissions on these directories to make them writable.

So I went to the folder and found no files under home/cpadmin/public_html/wp-content/blogs.dir except for bp-themes.

Not sure what is going on but would love some help.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Um, bp-themes shouldn't be under there, but that's a separate issue.

The error means it can't create those directories. Change permissions on blogs.dir to 777. try again.

3. anilwilson
    Posted 14 years ago #

I did change the permissions...still doesnt work. e-commerce plugin is not creating the wpsc folders.

Not sure why.

4. pumpkinpatch
    Posted 14 years ago #

Who is the owner of the folder? It might have changed.
    Check around this forum for threads relating to this.

5. anilwilson
    Posted 14 years ago #

When I upload images its actually creating folders/files in this folder. Its just that the wpec folder is not getting created. I think its a problem with wpsc plugin actually.

I have heard and read about horror stories around wpsc.

So not sure if I will actually get any help with it - I did open a support request on the wpsc forum

6. anilwilson
    Posted 14 years ago #

7. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

The upload directory may be hard coded instead of using the ones assigned by wp and wpmu. It'll require some editing. I'm not familiar with the plugin so I can't help much on this one.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by anilwilson
  • Latest reply from tdjcbe